Day 1:Mon: Ktm- Paro.
The day begins with a visit to the funs of Drukgyel Drong (18 Km. From the hotel). This Dzong is of historical importance, from whose ramparts the Bhutanese repelled Tibetan invaders. On a clear day, the 24,000-ft. White dome peak of sacred Chomolhari (Mountain of Goddess) can be seen. After lunch at the hotel visit to Dzong, the National Museum housed in an ancient watchtower, which has a fine collection of ancient Thankas, Paintings, Textiles, Weapons and Artifacts. In the evening, a 2-hour drive through the Paro and Thimpu valley will take you to the capital of Bhutan (Att. 7500 ft.). Enroute visit the Simtokha Dzong, the oldest fortress of its kind which once guarded the Thimpu valley, built by Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyal in 1627. It is now a religious university. Overnight at the Hotel Motithang.
Day 3:Wed:Thimpu to Paro.
Today, sightseeing in Thimpu includes – the visit to the National Library, which holds a vast collection of ancient Buddhist manuscripts, the school of Thankas Painting and the Traditional Medicine Institute, where centuries old healing art are still practiced. Then, visit the Handicrafts Emporium, to see the exquisite artistry of traditional crafts and textiles and take a stroll through the streets for a little shopping. After lunch visit the Memorial Chorten to His late Majesty (King Jigme Dorji Wangchuck). Later take 15 minutes drive to dechenchholing to witness the gold and silver smiths at work. Then visit the Tashichhodzong (fortress of the Glorious Reign) built in 1641 by Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyal and reconstructed in 1961, using traditional method, without the use of any nails or plans or paper, under the Late King, Jigme Dorji Wangchuck, regarded as the Father of Modern Bhutan. In the evening drive back to Paro and overnight at the hotel Olathang.
Day 4:Thu: Paro-Ktm.
Early breakfast at the hotel and then drive to the Airport to board the flight. Your escort will assists you with departure formalities and bid you farewell.
What’s included ?
- Necessary Bhutan travel permits
- Bhutan Visa fee
- Bhutan Government Royalty fee ($ 65 per person / per day)
- All airport pickups and drops Service
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch & dinner) with Tea
- Government approved A and B category are equivalent to 3 star standard hotels /lodge on twin/ Single room basis
- Transportation in comfortable private vehicle
- English speaking Bhutanese guide and Driver
- All entrance and permit fees for visits to monuments and museums as per the itinerary
- All government taxes, vat, and service charge
- Flight fare for Kathmandu- Paro- Kathmandu or from other destination ( if required)
What’s not included ?
- Insurance of any kind.
- Additional cost due to natural calamity and unforeseen circumstance
- Personal expenses such as drink, guide tips & etc.
According to current Druk Air schedule, flights Kathmandu/Paro/Paro as follows and above packages are strictly subject to operation of flight Kathmandu/Paro/Kathamndu.
Kathmandu/Paro: Monday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday
Paro/Kathmandu: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Sunday